Load shedding is no coincidence. Eskom has stated it is “entitled to a 90% increase” and has now applied to increase your electricity costs for 2019. The National Energy Regulator, NERSA has asked for your comment in the increase decision-making process.
Please use the form below to add your name and comment.
If you support or object to the increase, please give a reason why. Should you be at a loss for words, read the summary, live input or documents below the form.
NOTE: In light of the load shedding happening around the country, we have decided to keep the public participation open and will be hand delivering the comments to Nersa at the upcoming public hearings where top energy advisor Ted Blom of the Energy Expert Coalition will be representing the public.
222629 comments so far
A copy of your message will be sent to you along with an automated proof of receipt. Check your junk mail folder if you can’t find it. As an extra measure, we keep a record of all submissions sent through our system and will hand deliver them at the public hearings – so there is no chance of any comments being “lost” by Nersa. [Supported by Dear South Africa – helping you shape government policy]
LIVE FEED OF COMMENTS SENT
Displaying newest 5 comments sent.
Yes I do
Unacceptable that incompetent Eskom, thinks they can just force higher tariffs, instead of getting g their own house in order.
No I do not
Embedded Incremental insanity
No I do not
Tariff already so high - pay the government officials less so that the rest of the population can have a life!!
No I do not
Escom should subsidise the consumer who pays for electricity on his consumer account monthly.Escom do not fulfill his responsibility to provide power supply and install load shedding instead..Escom should refund the consumer for the costs of generators and solar systems ..No TARIFF INCREASE MUST BE ALLOWED to a company
who wastes money
No I do not
We pay so much for electricity and endure load shedding. Eskom is in some much debt and expect us to pay for their corruption
- The increase is 15% for direct Eskom customers while 17 to >20% for municipal customers
- This increase will be per year, to 2022
- Eskom claims they are entitled to over 90% increase if they follow the MYPD rules, (called “defective” 2 yrs ago by Ted Blom), as the basis of those rules are questionable, not transparent and deliberately inflated by Eskom (fraud) to solve liquidity ratios in its Balance sheet
- Eskom has revalued its assets from R800bn to R1.4tn – and Nersa has not allowed the public to review this, despite a previous ruling for this to be made public
- Eskom remains captured, albeit now by another new “third force”
- The balance between what Eskom is now claiming through the “front door”(MYPD4) will be claimed later through the “backdoor” (RCA)
- Eskom is being driven into the ground, and SA economy will collapse before 2022.
- Eskom is NOT sustainable
- Expect massive RCA claims ahead
- No turnaround strategy evident
- Renewables taking around 30% of revenue, delivering less than 10% of saleable power
- Debt service shortfall of more than R50bn – will kill Eskom’s Bond market
- Hence more bailouts ahead
- Acknowledgement that Maintenance is below requirements- could lead to more PowerStation failures & blackouts
- Full forensic investigation needed now more than ever
Reaction to Eskom's stage 2 loadshedding: Ted Blom
Published on Dec 3, 2018